Technology (hardware and software) and Internet access will be key to course success in the Fall 2020 semester! Please check the following list to be certain you have the technology needed to be successful in your courses.
You should make arrangements to have access to the Internet, preferably high-speed Internet, for your courses. A wired, high-speed, Internet connection (Ethernet), is highly recommended, especially when taking a quiz or exam!
- Windows – Windows 8 or later
- Mac – macOS High Sierra (10.13) or later
- Mobile – iOS/iPadOS or Android
Please note that Chromebooks run off of their own operating system and are unable to download programs (i.e. Office 365, Respondus LockDown Browser, etc.) that you may need during your time here at A-State. We strongly recommend that you purchase a Windows machine or a Mac instead as Chromebooks are not supported.
- iOS/iPadOS – iPhone 6s or later, iPad Air 2 or later
- Android – Samsung Galaxy S9 or later, Samsung Galaxy Note 9 or later, Google Pixel 3A or later, OnePlus 7T or later
Please note that any of the above devices should work; however, completing most course assignments will require a computer.
- Microsoft 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) – A-State has secured for you access to the latest Microsoft 365 software for both Windows and Mac. For more information, please visit our Microsoft Office page for more information!
- Students are welcome to use Mac applications (i.e. Pages, Keynote, Numbers); however, please plan to convert these documents to the Microsoft file types prior to assignment submission. This course technology requirement also applies to Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets.
- To take full advantage of all the features in your courses, be sure you have the right technology at your fingertips. This includes:
- Blackboard Supported Browser – Google Chrome 74 or later, Mozilla Firefox 60 or later, and Safari 12 or later are compatible with the current version of Blackboard. Please note that Internet Explorer is no longer supported.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- It is recommend running the Blackboard Browser Check to verify installed plug-ins on your computer.
Additional Computer Hardware
A webcam, microphone, and speakers (can be internal hardware already available on your computer) are also recommended for success in most courses.