Microsoft 365 In-App Purchases
Purchases and Free downloads of apps/add-ins from the Microsoft Store, Office Store or Teams Store
All purchases must follow the standard university procurement procedure.
All purchase of apps/add-ins (free or paid) from the Microsoft Store, Office Store or Teams Store are non-transferable and are permanently tied to your A-State account.
If you leave the university, you will lose access to any app/add-in that you purchased (whether with university or personal funds).
Retirees only have access to Exchange Online. Any app/add-ins purchased for any other Microsoft 365 product will no longer be available for use.
Support for purchased apps/add-ins
ITS does not provide support for any app/add-in (purchased or free) from the Microsoft Store, Office Store or Teams Store.
Downloading and Signing Into Microsoft 365
- Go to https://www.office.com
- On the Sign in screen, enter (or choose) your @smail.astate.edu or @astate.edu email address
- If prompted to choose a Work or school account or a Personal account, always pick the Work or school account.
- Click Next
- Enter your A-State password
- Click Sign in
- Decide whether to stay signed in (if you are on a public computer, choose No)
- If prompted, provide Duo verification
- In the upper right hand corner, click Install Office. You will be presented with two options:Office 365 apps: Download the full set of popular Office titles: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote. This is a large download, and will requires a good Internet connection and 15-30 minutes.
- Other install options: This takes you to your My account page, where you can choose to Install Office, review the other apps available in your subscription, and review your authorized devices.
*Please note that Microsoft Access and Publisher applications are only available for Windows devices, not on Mac.
If you would like to find out more information on the Microsoft 365 subscription provided by A-State, please see our Knowledge Base article.